Story Engine is a writing and mentoring platform designed to support and inspire children’s creative writing, imagination and confidence.
Staying safe online
Ministry of Stories takes our responsibility towards keeping children safe online very seriously.
- All writing on the platform is checked by our dedicated team before it is published.
- Messaging between young people and Story Mentors is regularly reviewed by trained moderators.
- All Story Mentors have Enhanced DBS checks and are trained in our safeguarding policy and procedures.
Participants and their parents can contact Ministry of Stories’ moderators with any concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will look into the issue.
For further information and tips on staying safe online, we recommend:
- CEOP’s Think U Know programme
- Childnet International’s Parents and Carers advice
- NCMEC’s NetSmartz online safety education programme
- London Grid for Learning’s Online Safety resources
- Safety Detectives’ Parents’ Guide for Safe Youtube and Internet Streaming for Kids